December 11, 2017
Houston, Texas — Phillips 66 and Kendall® will add their most advanced diesel engine oils yet to their proven heavy-duty product portfolio. These 5W-30 full synthetic oils will deliver additional benefits to diesel trucks by increasing fuel savings without sacrificing engine protection. While 15W-40 viscosity oils are common in on-the-road trucking, the industry is calling for lower viscosity oils that support the latest engine technologies to deliver maximum results.
“The unique properties of this generation of low viscosity oil will most benefit trucks rolling off the assembly lines this year and in the future,” said Tony Negri, commercial products director at Phillips 66. “In addition to improving fuel economy, these oils extend oil change intervals, and provide the enhanced wear protection that our customers have come to expect.”
Shawn Ewing, coordinator product technical services-commercial at Phillips 66, added, “Phillips 66 is committed to developing oils that support OEMs’ advanced technology and modern engine design, reduce emissions and offer performance benefits to fleets. We’ve spent the past four years testing and formulating these four products to ensure they meet and exceed specifications from the major OEMs.”
FA-4 Phillips 66 Triton® FE 5W-30 and Kendall SHP® FE Diesel Engine Oils
- Are formulated with the highest quality synthetic base stocks and a proprietary low-SAPS additive system to provide outstanding engine protection in on-highway diesel engines specifying FA-4
- Are OEM certified for Cummins CES 20087 and Detroit Diesel DFS 93K223
- Contain an enhanced additive system that provides increased engine protection of critical engine parts, despite lower High Temperature-High-Shear (HTHS) requirements of FA-4
- Have the potential to increase fuel economy by up to 3 percent
Proven Test Results for FA-4 Phillips 66 Triton FE 5W-30 and Kendall SHP FE
- Class 8 fleet test vehicles using FA-4 Phillips 66 Triton FE 5W-30 and Kendall SHP FE saw a 2 percent fuel economy improvement
- Ford Transit Class 6 test vehicles showed a 3 percent fuel economy improvement when using FA-4 5W-30
CK-4 Phillips 66 Triton Euro 5W-30 and Kendall SHP Euro Diesel Engine Oils
- Meet API CK-4 performance requirements for use in modern low-emission engines designed to meet 2007 and later EPA on-highway exhaust emissions standards, and is backward serviceable for use in older diesel engines
- Meet ACEA E6, MB 228.51, CES 20086, DFS 93K222, and other OEM specifications
- Are specially formulated for compatibility with exhaust after-treatment systems using diesel particulate filters (DPF), diesel oxidation catalysts (DOC) and/or selective catalytic reduction (SCR)
- Are a full synthetic formulation and SAE 5W-30 viscosity, providing excellent low-temperature properties for better performance in harsh winter climates
Proven Test Results for CK-4 Phillips 66 Triton Euro 5W-30 and Kendall SHP Euro
- Fleets using CK-4 Phillips 66 Triton Euro 5W-30 or Kendall SHP Euro 5W-30 could see up to a 1.5 percent fuel economy benefit.
Learn more, and download the product data sheets:
- Phillips 66 Triton FE Diesel Engine Oil, SAE 5W-30
- Phillips 66 Triton Euro Diesel Engine Oil, SAE 5W-30
These cutting-edge FA-4 and CK-4 5W-30 oils represent the new horizon for the heavy-duty industry. Phillips 66 and Kendall products are leading the way by delivering fuel savings, extended drain intervals and less downtime across several classes of commercial vehicles.